Session 1: Presentations of situation-specific papers on United Kingdom, Netherlands, Norway and Italy, followed by discussion.
1. United Kingdom – Sarah Singer, University of London, UK
2. Netherlands – Maarten Bolhuis, VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
3. Norway – Terje Einarsen, University of Bergen, Norway, and Mi Hanne Christiansen, Norwegian Directorate of Immigration
4. Italy – Marco Odello, Aberystwyth University, UK
Session 2: Presentations of situation-specific papers on Canada, United States, Brazil and UNHCR, followed by discussion.
1. Canada – Jennifer Bond, University of Ottawa, Canada
2. United States – Deborah Anker, Harvard Law School, US
3. Brazil – Liliana Jubilut, Universidade Católica de Santos (UniSantos), Brazil
4. UNHCR – James Simeon, York University, Canada
Session 3: Presentations of papers on criminal prosecution of undesirable and unreturnable migrants, followed by discussion.
Session 4: Presentations of papers on alternative solutions for the issue of undesirable and unreturnable migrants, followed by discussion.
1. Memoranda of understanding – Mariagiulia Giuffré, Edge Hill University, UK
2. Humanitarian alternatives – Satvinder Juss, King’s College London, UK
3. Voluntary return/relocation – Joris van Wijk, VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands