The Working Groups have the following goals:
- Extending and deepening connections between RLI affiliates (and others);
- Facilitating academic exchange and insight on the particular theme;
- Gaining experience in presenting and discussing research methods, draft work and findings;
- Sharing professional opportunities (funding, jobs, consultancies, events and publications);
- Promoting opportunities to develop specific cooperative activities on the topic.
The Working Groups encourages collaboration and knowledge dissemination by:
- Periodic seminars for the presentation of work in progress by active members;
- Organising thematic conference panels or workshops open to a broader public;
- Crafting new research agendas, joint publications and other academic collaborations;
- Developing joint research projects and pursuing external funding as necessary;
- Research dissemination activities on points of direct relevance to the thematic area.
- The Working Groups conduct their business principally by remote means (email, Zoom etc.) to allow for the widest participation by network members across the world and meet every 2-3 months. Membership is open to RLI Senior Research Associates, Research Affiliates and Fellows.