Amira Y. Badri
Amira Y. Badri has been a professor, academician and researcher since 1986. She is a scholar in issues of migration, gender/women empowerment in economy and poverty alleviation. She is currently the Director, Social Sciences & Interdisciplinary Development Research Unit (SSIDRU) at the Ahfad University for Women in Sudan.
Published and unpublished papers
- Hind A. Bushra and Amira Y. Badri “Knowledge and attitudes of COVID- 19: A Sociocultural study among Sudanese Society. 2020. Unpublished paper.
- Amira Badri and Sheeri Macfeld, “Role of freedom of religious on peace building and sustainable development”. A qualitative Research report, USA institute of peace, 2021.
- Amira Badri and Hind Bushra. Implications of COVID-19 pandemic on the Socioeconomic, health and family cohesion among Sudanese labours working in formal and informal sectors: A qualitative research. 2022.
- Amira Y. Badri, Perceptions and Aspirations of Saudi Youth for social responsibility: social survey among students of KAU. International Journal of Asian Academic Research of Social Sciences and Humanities; Vol.2 issue5, Oct.5, 2015.
- Amira Badri and Siham elAzab, Social network among Sudanese and Egyptian migrants in Saudi Arabia. Sociology Study, vol. 3, no.7, July 2013.
- Amira Badri, A policy review of international and African migration, Journal of social and economic sciences, vol.10, no.1, Jan. 2011. University of Khartoum.
- Amira Badri (in Arabic) “Role of women in peace keeping process”. Bahithat Centre and Arab Unity Centre, Beirut, 2011.
- Hanan AlShahry and Amira Badri “The effects of social media on family and social relations”, 10th conference of Youth and society: Contemporary issues. University of Kuwait, department of sociology and social work, April, 2013.
- Amira Y. Badri, School based-violence: prevalence and consequences, Global Journal of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol.2, No.2, pp.1- 20, April 2014, Published by European Centre for Research Training and Development, UK.
- Amira Y. Badri, A review of the progress of school meal programs in the globe. Sky Journal of Food Science Vol. 3(6), pp. 052 - 060, December, 2014.
- Amira Y. Badri, The Role of Micro-Credit System for Empowering Poor Women. Developing Country Studies, Vol.3, No.5, 2013.
- Amira Badri. Opportunities and implications among migrant Social networks of Sudanese and Egyptian workers in Jeddah city. A research paper presented in the Third Annual Gulf Meeting, the Centre of Gulf Research, University of Cambridge, UK. 2012.
- Amira Badri and Awad Allah Saeed. Migration in Sudan: A policy review, International Conference on African Migration, University of Berlin, 2009, www.edulink.immis.org.