RLI 6th Annual Conference
"The 'Arc of Protection' and the Future Shape of the Global Refugee Regime"
Professor Alex Aleinikoff (Director of the Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility, The New School, New York, USA)
"Moving Beyond Refugee Law: Putting Principles on Climate Mobility into Practice"
Professor Jane McAdam (Director of the Andrew & Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law, University of New South Wales, Australia)
"Refugee Leadership and the Future of the Global Refugee Regime"
Sana Mustafa (Director of Partnership and Engagement, Asylum Access)
Panel Session 1
- Session 1A: Improving the Refugee Regime – Framing the Issues
- Session 1B: Agents of Change in the International Refugee Regime
- Session 1C: The Complementary Role of Other Legal Approaches in Protecting Refugees
Panel Session 2
- Session 2B: Reassessing Vulnerability in contexts of Displacement
- Session 2C: “Surrogacy and the Refugee Definition – Key? Minor? Irrelevant? Distraction?”
Panel Session 3
- Session 3A: “’External Processing’: Regional Approaches, Responsibility Sharing and Pathways to Protection”
- Session 3B: “Improving the Global Refugee Regime with Feminist Theory”
- Session 3C: “The Role of Community Sponsorship for Refugee Resettlement in Australia: Whither State Responsibility?”
Panel Session 5
- Session 5A: “Afghan Evacuations: Mixed Outcomes for the Global Refugee Regime?”
- Session 5B: “Non-Penalisation as a Building Block for Reform of Refugee Protection”
- Session 5C: “The Future of Complementary Pathways”
Panel Session 6